"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Friday, September 3, 2010

Life limps along at subsonic speed.

I am dog tired today.  I actually fell asleep a little while ago, and my forehead hitting the keyboard woke me up.  My week is over, and the weekend begins, with no break in sight.  But I don't have to be up before the sun, so that's a good thing.

My days this week started early, I was at work by 6-615 most days, except today when I just couldn't hack it.  It seemed like there were a million appointments and things to do this week, so I started work as early as I could to allow for me to attend all of them, relatively guilt free.  But man- Fuck having a work ethic!  I would like to be one of those people that can just leave shit for other people to do, and not think about it.  But, alas..that's not me. 

Even with my work day starting that early, my days didn't end until 430-5ish.  Long days.  Then home to homework, housework (which I just left- I am cleaning tomorrow), dog training, dinners, drives, kids, bath times, bed times...lots of stuff.  Good stuff for the most part, but it all contributes to my overwhelming fatigue.

Sometimes, I forget what it's like not to be tired.  I have run out of my vitamins, and I am feeling it.  I was actually feeling good- for a while- and now...well, I am back to my sad version of normal.  I just have to make (find) the time and money to go get more.  And then remember to take them.

This whole summer has slipped by.  So fast.  It was filled with great times, good friends, lots of memories.  But it's over too fast, and I am beginning to dread the dark and the cold that is coming.  I think I am getting old.

My head just hit the keyboard again.  It's time to go.  I will try to write something more coherent and more profound tomorrow.  In between the cleaning, and homework. 

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for "night, night."

No comments:

Post a Comment