"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Songs

Geoff, Dawn, Holly and Kathy made 4 CDs worth of songs to play for Kit's visitation and funeral.  At certain times through the visitation, when it would get quiet, you would hear a song that would eaither make you smile, or make your cry, or - most often- make you do both.

Dawn made us copies of all the discs. 

Today, Geoff and I were cleaning the Hoarder's episode which our house had become, and Geoff put the music on. 

I lost it, a couple of times.  Billy Joel got me, so did Johnny Cash.  Jim Croce.  Others. 
"The times, they are a-changin." 

I am sure Geoff probably did the same.  We did it privately and quietly, and just kept working. 

These songs- they belong to you, Kit.  I will never hear them, without thinking of you.  And I know, one day, I won't cry, but smile.  

Miss you.

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for "never the same".

No comments:

Post a Comment