"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Wind

Today the wind is blowing.

I love spring winds.  One of my favorite things is to lay on my bed, with the window open, and the wind blowing, and smelling the smells of spring- dirt, and growing grass, and daffodils. 

Axle comes in and he smells like the outside.  Sawyer and I hug him, wet fur and all, and smell that smell.  He sits by the window and enjoys the wind as well.

Yesterday, we did something we haven't done for a while.  In the afternoon, we took a drive.  I grew up taking drives on the weekend.  My dad would pile us into the car, and drive for hours on country roads.  We really never ended up anywhere, but I loved them anyway.  We would listen to music, and stop for Pop Shoppe pop.  In the summer, we would sometimes get ice cream, and stop to check out good fishing spots. 

With the price of gas, me working every weekend, Geoff's dad- we haven't left the house very often, unless we had to.  So it was nice to go, just for the sake of going.

I am still feeling restless.  I still feel unfocused and blurry.  I want to talk and talk, until I figure stuff out.  But I don't know where to start. 

I am logging in now, to start to work.  Again. But at least the wind is blowing.

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for "going Nowhere".

No comments:

Post a Comment