"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Expo-sing ourselves

Next week is Fan Expo.  It is our biggest show of the year.  This year, the powers that be bumped it up to 4 days, Thursday to Sunday.  So, I will be up there and my kids will be at Grammie's. 

We got t-shirts printed for the first time (stay tuned for pictures, Geoff is taking some tomorrow with our models, Michelle and Kevin!).  Every year, we try something new, to see if it will sell.  Last year was the calendars, which did ok.  I am hoping the tshirts work out ok.  I need some money, bad.

Fan Expo is fun, we get to meet up with vendors and artists we met at other shows in other years.  Last year we met up with Emily Thomas and her boyfriend, Dave, from Mummy's Little Monster.  She is an awesome artist and I have one of her pictures hanging in my house.  Dawn, as one of our models, usually comes up for a day and works the booth and keeps us company.  I think she is coming up for a couple of days this time.  She is starting to like the feel of the show, and all of the interesting and hilarious things to see and do.

With all the stuff going on in my/our lives right now, and for the past couple of months, I have had no ambition or inspiration to take pictures.  I dunno...maybe it's just not in me.  I am going to try and blow out as much stock as I can at this show, and then just play it by ear.

I am in one of those downward swings that I go through peridocially. Now is the worst possible time to be feeling this way, so I keep trying to push through it and keep motivated.  But really, my heart isn't in it.  My heart isn't in much that I am doing right now.  I really just want to sleep for about 4 days, and wake up to a clean house and money in the bank and a happy family.  Ah well, that's a post for another day.

I am off next week, so I have a chance to get ready and organized.  I have a funny feeling that I am going to need it.

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for 'nother year at Fan Expo.

No comments:

Post a Comment