"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Monday, November 28, 2011

Never, never, never

Tonight, Geoff and the kidlets and I were walking around the mall, beginning our Christmas shopping.  While we were window shopping, we walked past Green Earth.  They can sometimes have really cool things, and sometimes not.  It really is hit or miss.

Sebastian said his knees were hurting so he and I sat on a bench, while Geoff and Sawyer went in to browse.  While I sat, rubbing Sebastian's knee, I looked over into the window display.

There, in the bottom corner, was a stone plaque.  Very similar to a lot of the ones that you see in people's homes or on their desks.  This one was very simple, very basic.


It hit me like a ton of bricks.  It brought a big lump in my throat and tears to my eyes.   I don't know why.  I'm not questioning it.

I told Geoff I liked it, and wanted it for Christmas.  But who knows?

Anyway, weird.

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for "never, never, never."

No comments:

Post a Comment