"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Monday, January 9, 2012

Blogging Machine

I know I have been absent lately.  But I have still been blogging.  Yes, I have been cheating on this blog with not one, but two other blogs. 

My first blog is for Through a Cracked Lens.  I had taken a little break at the end of last year.  We had a couple of disappointing shows, and not really the response that I would have liked to some of our new stuff.  I was discouraged and sad and feeling like a failure.  So, I took a little break.  Now, it's a new year, and time for a new try.  I have created a blog and have a few ideas:
  • I have PayPal buttons on the blog, to let people buy right away, if they are so inclined.
  • I have posted the different things that we have to sell, like t-shirts and jewelry.
  • I will post a little write up about each print.  A little backstory and a little build up, focusing on the creepy, horror side of things.
  • I have special offers through the website (buy a t-shirt or necklace, get the corresponding print.)
So, far the feedback has been pretty good.  It has been generating some more traffic to our sites, which is good.  Hopefully you guys can check it out and reccommend it to all your friends.

The 2nd blog is an offshoot of Cracked Lens.  We called it TaCL Portraits.  You can read about it on the website, but it is for the special needs families that we shoot.  I have also included the weddings that we shot over the years, and will include some of the shoots that Geoff has done of our own little people.  Hopefully it will generae a little business for us.  Fingers crossed.

So, while I have been neglectful, I haven't been lazy.  But I promise to take care of you too from now on. 

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for new blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment