"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Monday, April 30, 2012

Re-Dedication

Geoff and I have decided to finally get on the same page and rededicate ourselves.

We have 2 photography businesses in the works.  Unfortunately, I also work a (sometimes more than) full time job.  Between that and the house, and trying to spend at least some quality time with my family, not alot of time is left for photos.  Also, I will admit, I was feeling very lonely in my efforts.  Geoff did little but show up for the shoots and aim the camera (I know there is more to it than that, but you catch my drift.)  I was feeling very resentful and martyr- like, so work on the photos slowed down, then stopped.

Last week, Geoff and I had a long talk and as a result, we set up new expectations and schedule.  Geoff is working steadily on both of them each week, working on marketing, and generating new business.  He is honing his skills, building new ones.  He is clearing up old business and cleaning up the office space. 

We have had a couple of photo shoots scheduled.  One, due to bad weather and bad health, has been re-scheduled 3 times.  The other went off without a hitch today.  A preview will be posted to TaCL blog soon.

We both agree that as we try and get in synch with what we each like and want (he learns my style and I learn to talk "photography' in a way that makes sense to him) we need to practice, practice, practice. 

So, with that being said, we are going to be asking some of you, our nearest and dearest, to be our guinea pigs.  if you are interested in pictures, contact us and let us know.  Otherwise, we will probably be reaching out to you, someday soon.  Be ready!

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for "new lease on life".

No comments:

Post a Comment