"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Travellin' Man

I love to travel. I like going new places and seeing new things.  I like the intimacy you get when you travel with good people.  I like the times when it is just you and them, away from the regular world.  I have had some of the best talks with people, when we have been on vacation.

There is a certain amount of guilt wrapped up in any travelling I do without the kids.  I have to leave them with someone, whether Geoff or my parents, and that always makes me feel bad.  I hear the stories from home, how they miss me, or they cry on the phone and it breaks my heart.  I try not to leave too often.  But, I think it is important to have time to yourself, or for Geoff and I as a couple, away from the kids.  I think it's good for all of us.  Doesn't mean it's easy though.

Lately, I have been offered a couple of opportunities to travel.  I really, really want to go.  One is to Cuba and the other is Las Vegas.  Both are crazy cheap prices and with good people.  I am so tempted.

I am trying to find ways to make this work, financially.  However, I think I know, in my heart of hearts that it's a no go.  At least, as of this very moment, with the situation being what it is, it's a no go.  If things change (and I hope they do), then it's a maybe.  And a maybe is just as good as a yes. 

I sacrifice alot for my family.  I really do.  I go without quite often, because I think that is what responsible parents do.  I don't buy or do alot of what I want to do, because I need to make sure that my kids are taken care of, and that they get to have fun.  But at this point, we are all making sacrifices, and we are all having to tighten our belts.

So, in light of that, how do I possibly say yes to a trip?  It is the height of irresponsibility.  It is a ridiculous notion to entertain.  So why do they keep bobbing around in my head??  Is someone trying to tell me something?

Here's to things changing.  Here's to vacations and get aways and fun in the sun.  Here's to no more rambling posts from me, like this one. :)

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for "not now, but maybe soon".

No comments:

Post a Comment