"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Homework sux!

I decided back in July, that it would be a really keen idea to take a college level course in Accounting.  I have the photography business, plus I am a financial analyst (sounds more impressive than it really is), so it can only help. 

But here I am, at the tail end of the course.  I acutally learned alot, but I have to finish two assignment and write an exam.  Blech.  I hate tests.  I never really learned how to study.  I have a good memory (at least I did, it seems to be getting worse as I get older) and I would always be able to recall just enough to do well on the test.  I was a solid B student through most of high school and college, and that was without studying and doing homework at the last minute.  If I had applied myself, who knows what I could have done?  Ah well. 

So, anyway, here is my second chance.  My chance to be organized and responsible.  And I find myself in the same situation.  I am only 1 assignment behind, which isn't too awful bad, except that they are all due on Monday.  So that means today is dedicated to homework.  And I have to plow through it as fast I can, because I also have a life, and kids, and I would like to spend my weekends doing things other than learning about bank reconiliations and FOB shipping vs FOB destination. 

I keep saying that I have to simplify my life.  I don't know how it got so busy.  I don't have time to do the things I love to do- like read, and knit, and just have fun and play.  If I do those things, I spend the entire time thinking about how I have a million other things that I HAVE to do. 

So, today, I cleaned the kitchen, did brekkie for the kids, fed the dog, filed some papers, prepped a shipment, cleaned the bathroom, and now- wrote a blog.  Now it's time for homework.  Wish me luck.

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for k "Nowledge".  (fuck off, the K is silent!)

No comments:

Post a Comment