"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Monday, November 8, 2010

Happy Birthday Bastian.

Sebastian on my left arm.
He is always inside my hugs.
Tomorrow, my baby boy, Sebastian Robin Adam turns 9.  I can't fucking believe it.  It seems to have flown by, but when I look back, some of it seems so long ago.  He is one of the very best things to have ever happened to me.  He is my soul.

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for "November 9th, 2001"- the day I became a mom and met him for the first time.

Me and him
He is about 3 weeks old, and I am still scared shitless.
His 2nd Halloween.  He's Captain Hook.
He still wasn't talking at this point.
Bath time is happy time. 
I remember a lot of laughing.
Me and him
PEI
Blueberry scented marker and a drive to mouth everything.
1st day of school.
I cried so hard that day, I could barely function.
He wasn't even 4, and I had to send him away on a bus.
Grammie took this.  One of the best ever.
Me and him.
Camping at Elora Gorge.
Me and him.
Finishing the walk for homelessness in Toronto.
Running the 50 meter dash for the Special Olympics in 2009.
I have never been so proud.
Graduating from the NPCC.
Something he was ready for, but I was not.
Last fall.  Best smile ever.
Me and him.
This summer in a cemetary.
Me and him.
At Grandma and Grandpa's this summer.
Just me and him.

No comments:

Post a Comment