"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Monday, January 3, 2011

Resolve..it ain't just for cleaning anymore

OK, resolution time. Short, sweet and to the point.

1. Obviously, will lose weight.  No target, just some.  I want to be happy in my skin.  Well, at least happier.
2. Run a 5k.  I have shelved the running for the winter, but will come back to it in the spring.  I am running a race this year if it kills me.
3. Go on a family vacation.  I don't care where.  I don't care for how long.  But I resolve this every year, to make sure that it is something I do.  Building memories.
4. Get Sebastian help.  That means get him in therapy, keep going with the diet, get excited about new things to try. 
5. Get Sawyer potty trained.   We are well on our way, just keep going.
6. Finish one room in the house.  Either the bedroom, or the bathroom.  They are the most likely to get done. 
7. Spend more quality time with the kids.  So much of my time with them is taken up with "have to's".  I want to make sure that the time with them is good time.
8. Speak my mind more.  I internalize so much.  It's not good for me.  Things don't change.  But this doesn't mean that I get to just lip off and say whatever I want.  To many people use the fact that they are "honest to a fault" to be assholes.  Just cause you think it, doesn't mean you have to say it, or that you can't say it nicely.  But there are things that I think about that I should be sharing with others, and I will try to do that more.
9. Focus on the important things in my life.  Work gets too much of my time.  It doesn't deserve it.  My family, my photos, my hobbies- they deserve my time, and they are going to get it.
10. Laugh- every single day. 
11. Swear less.  This is going to be the hardest.  Sheesh.
12. Simplify.  My life, my schedule, my house- everywhere, in every way possible.  I want to minimize my stress, and maximize my enjoyment of life.  And I need to cut out the bullshit crap to do it.  (See!!  I told you it would be hard!!!)

Ok, this is it for now.  Wish me luck! 

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for the new me.

1 comment: