"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Friday, January 21, 2011

What do I want?

- I want to live a life of peace and happiness.
- I want to live surrounded by the sounds of nature, children laughing, water splashing and other sounds to sooth me inside and out
- I want to sleep in, every once in a while
- I want my kids to be active and healthy, to play outside in a yard, to build snowmen and sand castles
- I want to be beautiful
- I want to laugh so hard that my stomach hurts.  I want that every day.
- I want to bake fresh bread every week.  I want to cook a big family dinner every Sunday.  I want to bake pies and cookies.  I want to host dinner parties, with appetizers and desserts.
- I want to decorate for every holiday.
- I want to live on a farm.
- I want to never feel inferior.  To anyone.
- I want my house to be clean and organized, but comfortable and welcoming.
- I want Sebastian to learn and grow and continue to improve.
- I want to keep catching stars with Sawyer, and putting them in our backpacks.
- I want another dog.  As good as Axle.
- I want to make a living doing something I am proud of, and something I love.  I want to never hate my job.  I want to be creative and smart and in charge.
- I want to live stress free.  I want laugh lines, not wrinkles.
- I want to be surrounded by friends and family.  I want quiet times at home.  I want alone time.  I want them all, in equal measure.
- I want to take a vacation in the sun.
- I want to have a huge garden, and the time and energy to take care of it. I want to make pickles, and jam, and my own pesto and salsa. 
- I want to listen to Johnny Cash, and drive around, and eat ice cream and slurpees.
- I want to be so very happy, that I am thankful every day.
- I want love, love, love.
- I want pizza and wings.  And diet Pepsi.

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for "new year".

No comments:

Post a Comment