This is my sincere apology to anyone that reads my blog on a regular basis. I apologize for neglecting you. I am in my typical mid-winter funk, when I don't want to do anything that I don't have to do. But that is no reason for me to take it out on you. My bad. Please forgive me. Let's hug it out, bitch.
So, just to keep you up to date on what is happening in this life of mine:
- for me, and every other student in Niagara, it is a snow day. That means, I stay home and work, while the kids run around and go crazy. It means that by the end of the day, my house looks like an episode of Hoarders. Fun.
- Sebastian has an appointment next week for his initial assessment with Brick by Brick for therapy. G and I decided to bite the bullet and make it happen. If I have to give stuff up to help him, that so be it.
- We had a mouse in one of our traps today. Relax, the trap is on the front porch. My dad saw a mouse the one day, so we laid the traps. Caught him.
- I am still going to kettlebell. It is pretty good. I don't want to throw up anymore. I didn't go on Tuesday, because I am coughing enough that I throw up a little.
- I am currently addicted to "Biggest Loser- Couples", "The Dog Whisperer" and "River Monsters."
- I actually got Geoff to come outside and help shovel snow today. First time in I can't remember how long.
- I had to work a 2am-10am shift yesterday. Yippee. I have also lost my desk. So I am homeless.
- Sebastian starts gymnastics on Saturday.
- In the past couple of weeks, Geoff and I have gone out a few times. First we went to see John Schnieder and Tom Wopat at the Casino, and it was surprisingly good. Then we had a poker night at Michelle and Kevin's house. Fun. Tomorrow night we are going to see the Headstones. Should be a good time.
- Geoff and I have started trying to get a year's worth of paperwork in order for tax time. I even took a day off of work to get it done. But we only got part of the way, so there are papers everywhere in the basement.
- Geoff and I are thinking about getting a new dog. A free one. I mean really free. Like food and vet and everything paid for. For the first couple of years, anyway. Hmmmm...thinking, thinking, thinking.
- My mom started stripping wallpaper off the walls of my bathroom, and it looks good. So I am encouraged.
- Sebastian is sleeping like crap. He goes to bed fine, but gets up super early. It is impacting him at school, which totally sucks. We have him on supplements, and it is supposed to take some time to adjust, but I am starting to get discouraged.
- I got my Kindle. But I am not reading it. I have a couple of books that I have borrowed or got for gifts, and I want to read those first. Plus, I need a case for it. I have finished the Paul Magrs books from Barb, and am now in the 2nd story of the new Stephen King book I got from Holly for Christmas.
- Geoff and I have started talking about moving. Maybe. Someday. No time soon. But I want to move rural, and Geoff is becoming more open to the idea.
- Sawyer has been discharged from Speech Services Niagara. She is pretty much equal to her peers with her speech. A little difficult to understand, but willing to make the attempt.
- Just found out my nephew had to go for an EKG for a hurting heart. For reals. Worried, worried, worried. Hopeful, hopeful, hopeful.
- I have been baking bread every Sunday- 1 loaf for me, Geoff and Sawyer, and 1 loaf for Sebastian. I think I have found a good recipe for the GF/CF bread, it is best on the first day. I made Dawn try it, and she thought it was really good. Yeah me.
- Just had an awesome hot chocolate.
So, now you are pretty much up to date. Congrats.
Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for neglectful, once again.