"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Friday, July 8, 2011

Hootin' it up

Tomorrow is a show for our photos.  We are going to be a vendor at the Hot Rod Hootenanny, on St. Paul St. in St. Catharines.  I have never even been to the show, let alone sold at it.  So, it should be interesting.  They have lots of rockabilly bands, and cool cars.  I am pretty sure there is a bar there.  :) :)

Geoff is working, because his job is stupid.  So Dawn is coming with me.  I feel super bad, since she works midnights tonight and tomorrow night, and she is going to stay up with me all day.  She could have said no, so don't blame me. 

One on the funniest things was that I posted on our Cracked Lens Facebook Page that we were going to the Hootenanny tomorrow and that Dawn "StupidGirl" Rousseau would be appearing live and in person.  Geoff's mom commented, and said "is that because she is working all night and then working all day with you tomorrow?"
The reason it is funny is because I was actually referring to a photo that Dawn is featured in.  The photo is called StupidGirl.  But Geoff's mom just thinks she is dumb.
I laughed out loud at that one. :)  Good one, Kathy!

So, we are gonna give it a go.  I really, really don't expect to sell much of anything tomorrow.  But, it might be good exposure, and it will be nice to sit out in the sun, or whatever and listen to some good music.  I am bringing the Neck Candy necklaces that Barb gave me to sell at work, and I will try and sell some of them off too.  Maybe the necklaces will attract more people to the table, so I can get them to buy my junk. 

I am starting to look forward to and planning for Fan Expo.  I can't wait to see our friends Emily and her husband and My Ghoul Friday and everyone else.  It is always a good time and we always meet amazing people. I am gonna book the hotel this weekend, and we are gonna do our best to get t-shirts made.  Our good and talented friend, Kurt is helping us with the designs.  I hope they do well. 

We haven't taken any new pictures this summer.  We have tons of ideas and plans, what we are short on is time.  Oh well, no biggie.  I need to sell of some of my inventory anyway! 

So, if you are out and about tomorrow, and have nothing better to do, come on by and share a beer with me and Dawnie.  We will be waitin' for y'all. 

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for N'er do wells.

No comments:

Post a Comment