We had some stumbling blocks. Sebastian breaking his ankle put the breaks on a lot of our plans for things like waterslides, beach days and the zoo. We also had some unexpected surprises when it came to Geoff, so that also took a toll. But for the most part, we had a great time. We replaced the missed opportunities with new activities, and some things came up that I hadn't anticipated in the beginning. Some things that weren't originally on my list, but should have been:
- seeing (or intending to see) a summer concert. I made every effort to see Nazareth and Helix and had a great night anyway.
- taking the kids to Avondale Dairy Bar. Sawyer experienced it for the first time ever on her birthday.
- eating dinner out on the porch with the kids
- doing Rib Fest. The NF one was fun with Holly, Kathy and Dawn and the kids, and the St. Catharines one was great with Joel and Carrie. So much ribby goodness.
So, here is my final list. I am pretty proud of it.
2. Go to the Zoo.
4. Have family BBQ's at least once a month.
6. Sleep in the tent with the kids...even if it is just in the backyard.
9. Make salsa from ingredients I have grown in my garden.
11. Get a pool for the kids. But mainly for me. :)
12. Ride a roller coaster.
15. Ride a horse.
17. Walk on the treadmill every day.
21. Get a tattoo.
22. Get a pedicure.
24. Have a day of fun with Sebastian- just me and him.
25. Same thing as above, with Sawyer.
27. Clean up Grandma and Grandpa's grave. Plant flowers for them.
28. Go down a waterslide.
29. Play baseball.
35. Go garagesale-ing.
44. Sit by a fire, making spider dogs.
45. Have fresh flowers in my house, as often as I can.
46. Fly a kite.
I still have a chance to do a little of the left over stuff. We are going to be going to GWL soon, so we can do the waterslide. We will try and do the Zoo this fall. Garage sales will run right into October.
My sister-in-law has adopted the lists as well. I think we are probably both going to do a list for Fall/Winter. Should be fun.
Thank you summer, I will miss you. See you next year. I can't wait.
Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for "new list, coming up."