"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Inspiration

So, a couple of my friends have started writing their own blogs.  I, being a cyber stalker and infernally nosey, LOVE IT.  I love reading blogs, particularily of people I know, so I love to find out more about how the people that I see all the time really think and what is going on in their lives.  I have been supremely lucky so far, as my friends are eloquent and well spoken, gifted writers and endlessly entertaining.  I am not looking forward to the day I have to tell one of my friends that their blog is awesome, when it really isn't.  Hopefully, no one is doing that to me!  *fingers crossed*

Anyway, my one friend Teresa, has a wonderful blog.  It was originally called "Pretending 2 B Perfect".  My only complaint about the blog was that she didn't write often enough.  I would send her bitchy emails at work, telling her how long it had been since she blogged, and that my expectation was that I would have something to read soon. 

But recently, she has changed her focus.  She has changed the name of her blog to "My Favorite Day."  Each day, she writes about why that particular day is her favorite day.  Basically, she is forcing herself to find the good in each day. 

And as you know, that type of belief and philosiphy speaks to me. 

So, I have been inspired by my lovely Teresa.  She is one of the most positive and optomistic people I know.  She is beautiful and funny and is always smiling.  And if she feels she needs to focus on the positive, then lordy, so do I. 

So, moving forward, once a week, I am going to have a favorite day.  I am going to find something wonderful to talk about.  I am going to try not to make is something obvious, but the more subtle things that happen, that I might be more inclined to forget.

So, that being said, I will make today my Favorite Day blog. 

I don't really have a favorite day, but I have favorite moments out of the week.  This week was difficult in a lot of ways, but also had some shining moments.

- Geoff coming into the waiting room at the DR office, smiling, and telling me all was well.
- Geoff bringing the bags of toys to Value Village, without me having to ask
- My dad answered the phone the other day when I called by saying "Hi Sweetie."
- The season finale of True Blood was awesome.
- I got to talk to Lynn at work, and she brought me awesome jalapeno peppers (I ate them in my salad and they were awesome!)
- Getting a groupon for the Zoo today!
- Clean sheets on my bed.
- Being reminded that my brother and parents are some of the best people I know. 
- Getting to work from home
- The cooler weather
- Losing 5 lbs
- Having lunch with Shannon and Zendra today
- sharing my secrets, and having it turn out ok

It's about the little things.  I may not be organized yet, I might still be struggling, but I still had some good days.

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for "Nice things to remember."

2 comments:

  1. Ha, I saw that Zoo Groupon today and thought of you.

    Glad to also hear the good news about Geoff! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, it was the best possible outcome. Big sighs of relief!

    ReplyDelete