"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Eyes

I was driving the other night, by myself, down a dark country road.  I had plugged in a random CD that was laying on the floor of the van.  Most of the songs were fine- it was a CD that Geoff had created a couple of years ago- and I was able to sing along with most of them.  And then this song came on. 


I can't listen to this song without my eyes welling up.  Every time.

It makes me think of my boy, of Sebastian.  It makes me think of things like forever and ever.  I remember the way his eyes look when we connect.  I know how his eyes wrinkle when he smiles.  I can close my own eyes, at any time, and see his face.  He is my boy, my son, my heart and soul.  My heart aches when I think of our life together, because I know that we will be linked and together for the rest of our lives.  Sawyer will have her own life, she will have a family or not, but Bastian...well, he's different. 

This song brings an ache to my heart and my soul.  It brings tears to my eyes.  I just felt like sharing it with all of you. 

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for " 'nother reason to love him."

No comments:

Post a Comment