"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Ideas of March

Yes, yes, I know, it's supposed to be the Ides of March, but as I stated in a previous blog, I like ideas, very much.  So there.

I am very excited for March to be here.  March is spring time, March is March break (and my first 2 vacation days of the year coming up!).  March is getting ready for Easter, and seeing my crocuses bloom. 

I am a little worried that today is mild.  What's that old saying "in like a lion, out like a lamb"?  If it's coming in like a lamb, does that mean the lion is still out there?

My little ducky is under the weather and snuggled up in my bed.  Big dark circles under eyes, I can hear her laughing as she watches Max and Ruby.

I have been almost 4 weeks on my new diet and exercise, health and wellness regime.  My weight loss is stalled and I am beginning to get frustrated.  I didn't work this hard to lose .2 pounds.

My house is an absolute disaster area.  My bedroom renovation still isn't finished, and there are clothes and furniture and dust and dog hair everywhere.  I sometimes hate coming home, because I am so sick of looking at it.

But still...it's March.  I have a smile in my heart today, because it's March.

February is always one of the hardest months for me to get through.  This year wasn't too bad, with occasionally sunny days, and some spring like breezes.  It was a tease though, because the snow and the cold always seemed to come back, and seep into my bones.

But March...It's my verb, that keeps me going, that helps me plow ahead.  It's the month that returns my light and my hope that summer is coming and all the promise, laying just under the black slush and muck, will spring out green and wonderful.  Soon, so soon.

So, I will sit and work and dream of warmer days and clean houses.  And begin to enjoy my March.

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for "New month, new attitude".

No comments:

Post a Comment