"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Right Now

Right now...

-  The dog and the cat are both asleep on my bed with me.  Every once in a while, one of them will sigh and stretch.  They often touch each other.  I think they find comfort in the other and in me.  I rub my face in their fur- Axle, smells like rain and wet dog, Morph is soft and smells of dust, from where ever he spent the day hiding.  I love them both so much.

- Sawyer is asleep in her bed.  I have pulled the blankets up on her again, but I know, soon, she will kick them off again.  Her hair is spread over her pillow and her arms and legs are thrown in opposite directions.  Her sleep is deep and wonderful. 

- Sebastian hums in his sleep sometimes.  I have checked to see if he is awake, but he's not.  Finally asleep, finally resting that big, bad brain of his.  I know he will be up in the night, his need to do and move will drive him.  And when I see the light come from under his door, I will swing in and be the bad guy and force him back to bed.  And he will finish his night of sleep.  But for now, he can hum in his sleep.

- Big Bang Theory is on TV.  Enough said.

- I have apple candles on the bedside tables, and beautiful red gerber daisies in vases. 

- I have a pleasant ache in my thigh muscles, from tonight's workout.  My shoulders feel wobbly and sore, but good.  I have a glowy feeling in my skin, from sweat and work.  It's a good feeling, not one that I have had much in my life, but I am enjoying it now. 

- Geoff is playing with his friend in the basement.  Tonight, he made me an amazing dinner.  I feel lucky right now, very lucky.

Right now, my life is good.  Sure, there is stuff to pick up, there is knitting and crafts to do, stuff to put away.  But for now, right now...

well...it's all I could ask for.

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for "Now".

No comments:

Post a Comment