1. I wear glasses. I had 3 people tell me today that they had no idea that I did. I come from a family of people with glasses- my parents, my brother, my grandparents, aunts, uncles. I am one of the only ones that doesn't. About 2 years ago, though, I started to feel a bit of strain when I was reading or working on the computer. They are a mild prescription and I really only need them for reading or computer time. I sometimes go weeks without wearing them, but lately I have been getting headaches again, so I started wearing them. The one side is missing the screws, but I McGyvered them with a paperclip. So, in case you didn't know, here is me in my glasses.
|yep, nerd me. Notice the zombie hands in the background. |
That is my pillowcase. I know you are jealous.
3. I love the 70s. I love how the people looked and dressed. I love the lampchop sideburns and the feathered hair. I love the tv shows, I love the concert tshirts and I love the music. I was born in the 70's but I remember the 80s better. I enjoy my memories of the 80s (mainly because they are my memories) but the 70s have my heart. "Dazed and Confused" and "Devils Rejects" are some of my favourite movies and some of that is because they are both based in that decade.
4. I like country music. There, I said it. I grew up listening to a lot of old school country- Pasty, Waylon, Willie, Johnny. I can still sing Charlie Daniels songs, and Johnny Horton. At my wedding, I danced with my dad to Kenny Rodgers, and with my brother to Hank Williams Jr. Adam and I went to see Bocephus this year and it was AAAAmazing. I loved it. I don't know much of the new country, but I lots of times like what I hear. I have no hate for country.
5. I rarely have to pee. LOL...seriously, I have a large bladder and can hold it like anyone's business. If this grosses you out, sorry, but I think it's funny. Some of my best friends, boys and girls, have to pee constantly. Where ever we go, we have to find a bathroom first. Not me. I have never peed on an airplane. I can lots of times go an entire work day without having to go. When I was young, I had 2 surgeries on my bladder, where they stretched it out, since it wasn't growing fast enough. Apparently now, I have a freakishly large one. Or maybe not. I dunno. All I know is that I don't spend hours every day in the bathroom. I live my life, instead.
6. Even though I am an old lady, I still get crushes on celebrities. My ongoing and never ending crush is, of course, Rob Zombie. I heart him so much. Geoff knows, and understands. I also crush on Jason Segel. I love him in "How I Met Your Mother" but it was "Freaks and Geeks" that sealed the deal for me. And really, after the Muppets, I knew we were soul mates. From time to time, I develop other crushes. Some come and go. Some last for years. I love my crushes.
7. I prefer baths to showers. Like 110% of the time. I will have a shower if I have to..if I am in a rush, or extremely dirty and sweaty. But I love my baths. If I am sick, or sore, or tired, nothing soothes my soul like a bath. However, with kids in the house, I sometimes forget what it is like to take a bath by myself. One of the first things I tend to do, when my kids are gone, is to have a bath, all by myself. I like my baths super, fricking hot, so that my skin gets red, and it takes a long time for it to cool off. My bathtub right now is small, short and shallow. I kinda hate it. When I re-do my bathroom, someday, my goal is to have a big, deep, soaker tub. I will probably not get out of it for days.
8. I am shy. Painfully so. I find it difficult to talk to people that I don't know. I find it hard to look people in the eye. I don't enjoy small talk. I often plan for social events, thinking about the people I will see there, what I can talk about, how I can not sound like an idiot. But I do force myself. I have made a lot of friends by talking to strangers, but every time, it was hard. Every time it was an effort. And almost every time it was worth it.
9. Even though I can watch horror movies, and blood and gore, and terror and other horribleness, I cannot watch a rape scene. Graphic or not, it makes me sick. I literally got up and walked out of Pulp Fiction in the theatre, when the "bad" scene came on. Same thing for Rob Zombie's first Halloween movie, and American History X. It turns my stomach like nothing else can.
10. I have never had blonde hair. I have had pretty much every other colour, literally, but I have never been a blonde. I don't know how that would look. I might challenge my hairdresser at my next appointment. She is always up for a challenge.
So there, 10 things that might not have known about me. You know now. I am sure your life is that much more full now, because of it. :)
Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for "never knew that about you".