"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Monday, February 21, 2011

infected

I am sick.  I hate being sick.  I especially hate sore throats.

My throat is so bad, I can't swallow.  I literally have to collect the spit in my mouth and spit it into a kleenex.  It is incredibly gross.  I have the post nasal drip of a pack a day smoker.  Everytime I swallow, pain shoots through my neck and right up into my ear.  It is horrific.  I hate it.  HATE IT!

I finally agreed to go to the Walk In Clinic today.  That has to tell you hor horrible I feel, since I never go.  I have been to the point where I thought I might have broken bones, and I will wait "just one more day" to see if it gets better.  Usually, it does.

So, last night was horrible.  I don't take meds.  I rarely take tylenlol for headaches.  I will take some when I am sick, usually just to help me get a good night's sleep.  Over the last couple of days, I have been taking 2 extra strength Advils every 3 hours, daytime cold meds, night time cold meds, and sinus meds.  Finally, I couldn't take it much more.  I can't even talk today, my jaw and throat hurts too much.

I have to say, the clinic was fast.  I don't even know the name of the doctor.  I was third in, and I was completely done within 15 minutes. I now have anibiotics that will take about 36 hours to work. 

So, I have another day and a half before I  start not feeling like a big bag of crap.  I can't eat or drink, but don't really want to.  I can't sleep, because I involuntarily swallow in my sleep, and the kids won't let me.  I have to work, and clean and get groceries.  It is also Family Day, so I feel an inherent need to do something meaningful and fun with my kids.  More than just not yelling at them.

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for now.  As in "Kill me. Now."

No comments:

Post a Comment