"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Thursday, May 19, 2011

let the sunshine in

It has been a week of dreary days.  Rain, rain, rain.

Sebastian was supposed to be in the Special Olympics on Monday.  I even took the day off of work, so that I could go and cheer him on.  Of course, it poured rain.  I stayed home instead, and did practically nothing. 

The rest of the week, it was just dull and dreary and cold.  Raining constantly.  A couple of rumbles of thunder, which sounded promising, but really amounted to nothing.  Sawyer did ask if the sound was monsters, to which I replied "No, it's thunder."  She thought for a few moments and then asked "Is it scary?"  I told her no, thunder isn't scary, it's fun.  She smiled and agreed.  God, I love that kid.

My new desk at work actually has a view of the outside world.  I have windows.  :)  But this week, it didn't help much.  The gloominess really gets me down. 

But today, for a little while, the sun shone through. 

It is amazing how much better I felt, just having the sun on my back as I worked.  I could see the yellow light from the corner of my eye.  I started to feel almost manic, I was deliriously happy about the sun.  Like I wanted to use all my energy and emotions for that limited timeframe when it was bright and sunny. 


It helped too, that one of my favorite people in the world, Teresa, came by to visit and chat today.  She just makes me happy.  She is one of those people that I am always a little in awe of, and that I am amazed I am friends with.  We have been friends almost from the minute that we met- locked in a closet for a 2 hour Direct Energy conference call will do that to two people.  She is up-beat and positive.  She swears like a trooper and makes me laugh all the time.  I just love her to death.  She is my bingo partner (even though she doesn't do her fair share and win! :) and my partner in crime.  Anything I can think up, if Teresa has had a few beers, she will do it. 
"Hey Teresa, go take that guy's stupid hat and wear it around the bar!"
"Hey Teresa, go take a picture with that moron with the neon glasses and the glow sticks!"
"Hey Teresa, go make friends with the band!"
"Hey Teresa, go pick a fight with that guy in the sandwich shop about Elvis being better than the Beatles!"

Yeah, she is up for pretty much anything.  She is one of my very best friends, and I don't know what I would do without her.

So, between the sun and Teresa, today ended up a decent day.  :)  Oh, and I got to go to the movies too.  So, good day.

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for "no more rainy days."

No comments:

Post a Comment