"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Weekending

Linking up with various blogs out there, recapping their weekends.  I don't have a picture, but I will next week.
Promise

Cleaning and straightning
Geoff had plans Saturday so just me and the kidlets
Sawyer hiding while I vaccumed
Trying, half-heartedly, to keep Sebastian out of the basement and away from the TV
Crockpot cooking and winging it
Stew turned out alright, with no left-overs
Rain and cold
But opening the windows
As my mother puts it, to "air the stink out"
Out for a drive at night, with a stop
at 7-11 for a Slurpee
knitting at night, trying to finish a hat
but understanding that the princess leia buns are still too small
French toast this morning for breakfast
Baking 3 different breads with Sawyer
(gluten free, regular and banana)
playing and mopping
paper mache with Sawyer, and then by myself
a short nap, when I wanted a longer one
Geoff making dinner
bath times
bed times
knowing I should work overtime, but unable to summon the energy

looking forward to that first stretch under the blankets
it's snowing now, so pretty and quiet and peaceful
trying not to think of tomorrow and work, but enjoy the Sunday peace
just a few more minutes

How was your weekend?

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for "new week coming".

No comments:

Post a Comment