"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Why am I happy today?

Because I get to work from home, in my pjs, in bed.  As Geoff says, I am living the dream.

Because my daughter is curled up right beside me, smelling like sweet grapes and apple juice.  Once in a while, her sticky fingers reach  up to rub my ear, a sure sign she is relaxing and feeling sleepy.

Because the dog is on the bed, with his head on a pillow.  He just stretched and sighed, and I swear he is smiling.

Because I can see the sun. It is a little harsh and very bright, but it's changed a bit of the sky to blue.  It is replenishing my Vitamin D, and reminding me of spring.

Because I can hear the wind.  It's howling and blowing outsides, and me and mine are snuggled up warm inside. 

Because Sebastian came in this morning, full of smiles and love. He gave me hugs and was so excited about so many things.

Because Geoff made me a coffee.  In a big Kermit mug.  The mug came from 2 of my favorite people, and when I drink out of it, it reminds me of them.  Thanks J&C.

Because I have been productive at work this morning and crossed a few things off the to-do list.  I still have a long way to go, bu at least I am heading in the right direction.

Because there are orange flowers on my dining room table right now.  I bought them for myself.

Because I get paid tomorrow. 

Because my knees stopped aching. 

Because the cat, dog and fish have been fed. 

Because, right now, so far as I know, all is right with the world.

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for "now, right now."

No comments:

Post a Comment