"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Walking Strong

Geoff and I (and probably the kids) are going to do the Relay for Life this year.  Obviously, for Kit.  I support alot of charities, and cancer was never really one that I supported.  I don't agree with the big business mentality of it (this is the conspiracy therorist in me coming out, as I have heard this recently from Roan.)  But we feel the need to do something...anything...to make good and right come out of the senseless.

So, we will be travelling to Windsor, Kit's hometown, to walk with as many of the Rousseau's as we can muster.  The kids will sleep in sleeping bags and we adults will walk and talk and laugh and cry.  We will remember Kit and his stories and his laugh and his own crazy distinctive walk.

And really, at the end of the day, that's all that matters.  He is, again, bringing us all together.  And THAT, my friends, is worth supporting.

So, if you are so inclined, and wish to give, here is the link to my personal page.  Like I said on Facebook-  I will take what you will give. And you have all given so much already. ♥

Anita's Relay for Life Page

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for "new found purpose."

No comments:

Post a Comment