"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Trees are bullshit.

The title of this post is actually something I said tonight.  And I meant it, 100%.

I went golfing tonight for the first time this season.  Between the kids, money and Geoff's schedule, I haven't been able to make our ladies league golf night this season.  It started the beginning of May, so basically, I missed the first month and a half.  :(  Sad.

But, the stars aligned and I finally made it out tonight.  I golfed with Lynnie, Teresa and Rhonda.  Great foursome.  The course was nice and dry- so dry that I had trouble getting the tee in the ground. 

We played the back 9, which sounded like a change up for the other ladies.  My first tee off actually sliced to the right, but was nice and far and high, just hit with my hybrid 4 wood.  So I was pretty pleased that I wasn't knocking wormburners right off the bat.  I did spend alot of time in the rough, but by the last 3 holes, I was on the green in 2, and 2-putting to an bogey.  I can live with that for my first night out. :)  I started to figure out that opening the face of my club let me drive straighter, and avoid the trees, so I am going to keep trying that, and see if it sticks.

Ah, the trees.  I hit about 5 tonight.  I have a special affinity for trees and seem to drive into them, no matter where they are.  Hence, my thought about trees being bullshit.

But that's ok.  It could be worse.  Lynn thinks the ground is bullshit.  It is much harder to avoid the ground, than trees.

Thanks for a great night ladies.  Hope to do it again next week!

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for "nine iron's the only way to go."

No comments:

Post a Comment