"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Friday, July 1, 2011

long weekend!

Yeah for the long weekend!!!

Geoff is working, so that sucks, but I am planning on making as much of it as I possibly can.  Sebastian is finally done school, so no commitments, no early mornings!!  :oD

Thursday nights, after work, I spent some time tidying up, so that I wouldn't have as much to do today.  I used my electric broom and cleaned up the dog hair and cat hair and leaves and crumbs and dust.  I did dishes and laundry and cooked dinner.  I cleaned the bathroom, and straightened the bedrooms.  It was nice to wake up this morning and have that done. 

Yesterday morning, Sebastian got his new cast (GREEN!!!) and got a boot so that he can walk on it.  YIPPEEEEEEE!!  He told me as soon as I go home that he could walk on it now, so even he is really excited.  So, we spent some time admiring the new cast and colour, his dirty toes and his ability to walk around.  We oohed and ahhed when appropriate.

This morning, I slept in a bit, until about 830.  I made breakfast for the kids and we snuggled together for a bit.  I helped Sebastian pick out his clothes and get dressed, and then began my sneak attack on Sawyer.

You see, I have an ulterior motive this weekend.  It's potty training weekend.  By the end of my weekend (I am off on Monday and Tuesday too) I want Sawyer using the potty regularily and wearing big girl underwear, even just during the day.  She has been VERY resistant in the past months, so I had my mind set for a battle.

However, over the past couple of days, she has been doing pretty good.  She has peed in the potty at least twice a day for the last 3 days.  She is even talking about going poo in the potty.  So I am optomistic.

So, we started today with my little pony underwear, shorts and a t-shirt.  We went outside and helped Papa trim the trees.  Daddy came out and we filled the tires on the bikes, and Sawyer started riding her trike.  She was actually doing it, but as soon as I would cheer, she would either forget to steer, pedal or both.  So we have more work to do, obviously.  While we were out there, she had an accident, so we changed to Dora underwear, another pair of shorts and kept the t-shirt.

Shortly after that, we came in to have lunch, and Geoff went to work.  We read some stories, and played a little bit.  She helped me with laundry and we watched some tv with Sebastian.  I went into the bathroom to tidy up and that is of course when Sawyer decided to pee in Sebastian's room.  So, now we are on to a different pair of Dora underwear, no shorts, no shirt.  She had her nap like that and stayed dry as a bone.  I am watching her like a hawk, cause I know another flood is coming.

Tomorrow we are going to a BBQ at a friend's house.  I haven't really seen much of my friend's lately, or at least it seems that way.  I am trying to be frugal, and I really, really hate asking my parents to watch my kids. Geoff's mom is out of town this weekend, but I hate to saddle her with both of them too.  I have said yes to a couple of things coming up, and I am having second thoughts now.  Oh, well, we will see.   Anyway, I did ask my parents, and they did say yes, so we are going to this BBQ tomorrow and it should be nice weather, a good time to sit outside and chill.  Sunday we are going to either the Toronto Zoo or Zooz.  Monday I am fishing with my dad, and Tuesday will be my running around and getting things done day- like Sebastian's blood work, bringing in the taxes, filling out my benefits, getting ready for the next photo show, etc, etc, etc.

So, as my long weekend is beginning, I am wishing all of you a safe and happy weekend.  Enjoy the summer!

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for "Now, the fun starts."

No comments:

Post a Comment