"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Thursday, September 29, 2011

My favorite day, volume 3

So, it's Thursday again.  I have a new list of favorite things:
- free lunch at work, for 2 days running
- finding Phineas and Ferb books for Sebastian's birthday
- haivng people responding excitedly and enthusiastically to my blog about Sebastian's brushing.  It makes me think I'm not crazy
- running into an old friend from high school today, totally unexpectedly
- Great Wolf Lodge.  Awesome and fun and I can't wait to do it again.
- OT pay on my pay cheque this week.
- Monster Quest on Netflix.  I am addicted.
- sleeping.  Resting my brain.
- starting my photography course.  Learning, and talking with Geoff about it.
- Starting a Supernatural watch-a-thon with Geoff.  He's gonna love those boys as much as I do, when we're done.
- Having dinner with Dawn on Sunday- eating pulled pork and drinking Rolling Rock.  So nice to visit. I miss her.
- Sawyer's excited face when she goes to school
- Sawyer asking me "how was work?" every time they pick me up.
- Sebastian's got his hugme shirts and loves them.  Good feedback from the school this week.
- shaving my legs, washing my hair
- a cold breeze blowing in the window when I am sleeping

I have some stress on me.  Most of it is self imposed and involves me stretching myself too thin.  I have committed to some volunteer opporutnities, and have allowed myself to get sucked into some circumstances at work.  I don't have alot of spare time at work (my work actually fills my full day!!) and my spare time is pretty full too.  So I don't know when or how I will get this stuff done. 
I am learning to say no more often, and meaning it, but I still struggle. 
So remembering the good things that happen is a positive exercise for me, and one that is worthwhile and I know I should continue. 

:) 
Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for "nice thoughts".

No comments:

Post a Comment