"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My first Yarn Along!!

Thanks to Ginny at Small Things, I have decided to participate (at least this week) in her Yarn Along.  Yeah me!!

Essentially she is asking what we are all reading and knitting.  So I am answering. 

This week, I am just picking up my knitting again.  I have several projects on the go, but since I am easing back in after months (let's face it, it's been about a year) away, I want to take it slow.

I was inspired earlier this year to create some fun, funky things for kids.  I started a Princess Leia hat, complete with big buns on the sides of the head.  Right now, I am working on the buns, trying to determine how long my tubes should be and the optimum size of the buns.  Very technical. But fun.

Currently, I am reading multiple books at the same time, trying to clean up the remainder of my summer reading.  My sister in law lent me her newest acquisition "Hollywood Monster" by Robert Englund.  Yes, that Robert Englund, who was Freddy Kruger.  Good read so far, I had put it down for about a week, and I am picking it back up again.  It is autographed in the front cover, complete with drawing.   Love that Robert. 

So, that's my Yarn Along for today.  Enjoy and feel free to join in!!

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for " 'knittin' again".

No comments:

Post a Comment