"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Friday, November 11, 2011

Adventures in Sawyerland, Part 3

This update will focus on Sawyer's ability to pull out a phrase that is guaranteed to crack me up. 

1. When shopping in Walmart, Sawyer was (miraculously) sitting in the buggie.  She wanted me to run and push the cart ahead of me, letting it go and giving her a ride.  I waited until we were in an aisle that had no one in it.  She was pushing at me with her hands and feet, trying to get me to let go. Once we turned the corner, I told her to get ready, and here we go!!  She went flying in the cart, and with her arms stretched wide, she yelled "THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!!"

2. Sebastian's birthday, and we are sitting at the breakfast table, eating and getting ready for school.  Sebastian gave me something to open (at this point, I don't even remember what it was).  I am working on it and working on it, trying to get it to open.  Sawyer is standing in front of me, staring intently.  She puts her hand on Sebastian's arm, and in an excited whisper, begins to chant.
"Wait for it......wait for it......wait for it......"

3. Geoff was driving with Sawyer.  We have a bunch of CDs for the car, with kids' music on them.  Our current favorite is the soundtrack for Phineas and Ferb.  We all have our favorite songs (mine is Backyard Beach.).  Geoff is singing along to the music, hamming it up for Sawyer's benefit.  Trying to be heard over the music, Sawyer yells something at Geoff.  Geoff, not sure he heard her right, turns down the music and asks "Did you ask Daddy to stop driving all crazy?"  She glares at him and says "NO!  You are driving ME crazy!!"

4. Geoff likes to pester the kids.  He gets wrestling and play fighting with them.  He pokes them and tickles them, and annoys them.  Nine times out of ten, the kids love it and laugh right along with him.  Occasionally, he pushes buttons that ought not to be pushed.  He was bugging Sawyer one day, and kissing her face, blowing her hair, etc, etc.  Sawyer said no a couple fo times, and kept pushing him away.  Finally, fed up, she put both her hands in his face and pushed with all her might, yelling "Daddy, get out of my face!!!"

Love that kid. 
Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for "nonstop laughs".

No comments:

Post a Comment