"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Monday, November 28, 2011

Vacation

I am back from a week's vacation.

I will get into the details of the trip in other posts- I am far too tired to do it now.  Suffice it to say that the trip was lovely, no drama, wonderful weather and fantastic company. 

We were busy every day, walking and visiting, and sightseeing.  But we were also taking time to relax a bit.  I got a couple of sleep-in days, and a bit of a tan.

I missed my babies like crazy.  Every time we did something, I would think about how much Sebastian or Sawyer would have loved to see/hear/taste whatever it was that we were seeing/hearing/tasting.  As I got news from home about them through the week, my heart would ache a little and I would begin to wish for home.

However, when the week came to a close, I was reluctant to leave the warm weather, and the overall attitude of the island.  Everything is very laid back and casual.  Even for me, who thinks and worries about work almost constantly from morning to night, I relaxed and stopped.  I didn't worry about work.  I didn't think about the overtime I was missing.  Until the 2nd to last day, I didn't worry about the emails piling up, and the inevitable changes that were taking place, that I would have to catch up on. 

Instead, I lived in the moment, experiencing a different culture, trying different foods and activities. 

And now that I am back??  I am trying to adjust.  Today was hard.  I wanted to cry a lot.  I feel overwhelmed and discouraged.  It is hard to be motivated to learn and try and complete these increasingly difficult tasks.  My dissatisfaction with the daily grind is back and worse than ever. 

My vacation was wonderful.  My goal now is to make my life as wonderful as the vacation, every single day.

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for "next vacation, please."

No comments:

Post a Comment