"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Homemade

So, I think I said before that I had found a new obsession in Pinterest.  I have made sure I limit myself to no more than 1 hour a day, browsing and pinning and wishing and dreaming.

Yesterday, I made my first "Pin" craft.  Nothing big, but I got the idea from the site.

March 20 was my parents' 41st wedding anniversary.  As a gift, I made them this.

The dates our lives were forever changed.
It is a listing of all the dates that have greatly impacted their lives.  It starts with my Dad's birthday, then my mom's, then their wedding day.  Me and my brother's birthdays are next.  Then my wedding day (when they got Geoff as a son-in-law) and my kids' birthdays.

I liked it so much, I made one for myself, in brown and blue, for my new bedroom.

I think this is a cool idea.  I have a wedding coming up this summer, and I am thinking this might make a nice gift.  I dunno.  Or maybe by then, I will have pinned something else.  

Yeah me!

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for "new ideas".

3 comments:

  1. Very self satisfying! Did you used a computer print out or stencil it by hand? It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just printed it on the computer. Got the frame and matte from Walmart for $7...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! It looks awesome. Both of them.

    ReplyDelete