"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring

I don't know if it's just that it's a new day, it's warm and sunny and windy, I have accepted the inevitable...but today is a better day.

I look out the window and want to be outside playing.  I keep working though, and have been relatively productive.

Geoff was exceedingly complimentary to me today.  That was nice too.

Everyone got a good night's sleep, even my sleepless wonder, Sebastian.  It was lovely.

I think I am starting to adjust the time change too.

Whatever it is, I am happy today.  I am listening to an awesome radio station - it is the classic rock station from Key West.  When we were there, Dawn and I would freak out daily- it played all of our favorite songs from Supernatural.  Geoff started calling it Impala FM.  I love it and listen as often as I can online.

I am on my reset for my new health and wellness plan.  This is the stage where my diet becomes more restricted- basically just veggies and lean protein for 4 days.  It's hard to find stuff I want to eat, but the weight drops off, so I don't mind.  I also don't have to work out, which is a nice break.  This is day 2, with 2 more to go.

I discovered, with my sister-in-law's urging, Pinterest last night.  Holy crap.  There is so much on there, some is junk, some is undiluted awesome.  Between this and Ravelry, my to-do list will be a mile long.  But I don't mind a bit.

I am inspired to start my bathroom renovation.  I really really want to.  But I have to completely finish the bedroom, and right now, I am looking for art work, and wonderful bright touches to bring some light into a bit of a dark room.  This is the fun stuff.

I saw an amazing picture of a good friend today.  She recently went to Cuba, a well deserved and long overdue vacation.  She is a wonderful person, who constantly inspires me and makes me feel good about myself.  The picture is her in the pool, enjoying a drink with a huge smile on her face.  It makes me happy just to look at it.  Glad you had a good time, LSL. :)

Tonight I am attending a focus group for Gillian's Place.  It's a local shelter for battered women and children.  I am looking forward to contributing and learning.

Anyway, I have to go back to work now.  Layla is playing on the radio, and soup is on the stove for Sawyer's lunch.  I just wanted to touch base and tell you all, it's a wonderful day.

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for "new day, happy day".

No comments:

Post a Comment