"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Saturday, April 14, 2012

10 Weeks

So, I am 10 weeks into my new healthy lifestyle.  I was rocking right along, doing great, and then hit a bump in the road. 

Easter weekend was hard.  I had dinner out 3 times (twice at my mom's and once at my mothe-in-laws), but breakfast here Easter Sunday morning. While I tried to make healthy choices as often as I could, it was still difficult.

Then there was the candy.  Oh my.  Chocolate and candy and chocolate.  How I love and loathe you.

So, long story short, I snacked and nibbled and tasted and sampled.  And what it all led to was a food binge- my first in 10 weeks- on Tuesday.

This is what I ate:

- 14 Cool Ranch chips
- about 10 swedish berries
- 6 peanut butter or caramel filled eggs
- 2.5 chicken nuggets
- 1 slice of ham and cheese quiche
- 2 gummy rabbit heads

So, about 1000 extra calories.  Adds up quick, huh??  I paid the price.  My guts were so sore afterwards, and I had a pounding headache from the sugar and salt.  I did my workout a day early and felt a bit better about myself.

And now, today, I find out that I have gained 2.5 pounds.  *sigh*  I was about 2.5 pounds away from hitting 40lbs lost.  Now I have that much further to go.

But, it had to happen.  I know myself well enough to know that it was going to.  I can't go forever and not slip here or there.  For the past couple of days, I have been picking myself up, dusting myself off and moving on.  Doing the workouts, trying to stick to the meal plan.  Hopefully this weight will come off soon.

But, the good part is, I don't crave those things anymore.  The thought of them makes me a little sick.  And that's a good thing.  I gave in a little and gained alot (LOL...in more ways than I, I suppose!)

So, wish me luck, in hitting 40 lbs and all my other goals.  There are alot along the way, so I have to keep going!

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for "no more cravings!"

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it strange how foods you used to love, you can't stand to eat once you eliminate them from your diet? I used to LOVE canned iced tea, and now it just makes me feel ill.

    ReplyDelete