"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Get in the Picture

I posted a link to an amazing blog post last week by a mother who decided to get her old, overweight, unkempt, hair undone, no make up on, poorly dressed, stained, tired butt into picture with her kids (I don't say these things to be mean!  The article is about how we view ourselves, and the excuses we give to not have our pictures taken.  And mainly, how our kids don't care, and love us anyway).  Check it out for yourself, I shared it with friends, and dared them not to shed a tear.

My sister in law, over at Aggravation Station posted about it today, which also inspired me to get off my own sagging, old, etc etc etc butt, and get in the picture.


So, I am going to challenge myself (and anyone else that wants to come along for the ride.)  Once a week, on any day, really, I am going to take a picture with my kids.  Can be either individual or together.  No matter what I look like, that picture is going to be taken.

What??  Want to up the ante??

Not only am I going to do this with my kids, but I am going to take a picture with Geoff too.  We are working on "us" right now, and I think this would be a good thing.  Once a week, me and him.

And me and her.

And me and him.



Should be fun.  :)  At my funeral, they won't be hunting for pictures of me.  They will have to categorize them and develop a filing system!

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for "no more excuses".

No comments:

Post a Comment