"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Monday, February 25, 2013

I believe

I think I have talked before about my obsession with Netflix.  Love it.  Watch it all the time.

I get involved with certain shows and will watch and watch.  I have gone through Freaks and Geeks, Undeclared, Special Victims Unit, Everybody Loves Raymond and have sampled even more.  My latest interest in is Destination Truth.

It's a show about different myths/paranormal legends being investigated.  The main guy, Josh Gates,  is cute and funny.  The investigations are interesting and completely up my alley.

They have captured on film some strange things.  Although they always go in completely skeptical, there have been times when when they have not been able to explain what is going on.

Orbs in a haunted fort in Key West

Seriously.  I am watching the show right now.  A creepy doll just opened it's eye, on an island of haunted dolls.  I am freaking out.  Horrible.

Anyway..not so much about the hauntings but the creatures.  That's why I wanted to do this blog. This show gives me hope.

I think I have talked about before the fact that I love to believe in things.  Fairies, elves, Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster.  I want to believe that they are real, as real as you or I.  I am a believer.  I don't tell a lot of people that.  Not that I am hiding it, but it's really not something that comes up in every day conversation.

"Hey, how you doin'?"
"Great! You?"
"Pretty good.  Did you know that I believe in Bigfoot?"

Yeah, really doesn't come up much.

And when people do find out, lots of them look at me like I am an idiot.  Seriously, I think people assume I am all of a sudden stupider.

me and Dawn ghost hunting with the EMFMore orbs

A small tangent here.  In my experience (remember- MY experience- this isn't true of everyone) non-believers in...anything...tend to be overly rigid, sanctimonious assholes.  Not always, but sometimes.  And I don't mean just ghost non-believers.  People that don't believe in ghosts or God or whatever- they seem to judge much more harshly than those that do.  I guess you just have to have a bit more of an open mind to be a believer, so maybe you are just more open to others, as well as experiences.  They will ask you to prove to them that God or ghosts or fairies exist, that they won't believe without concrete evidence.  Meanwhile, they can't definitively prove that they don't.

And thus, my segue into my faith being restored by a TV show.  On this show, they travel the world looking for myths and legends and monsters.  In one, when in South America, they are talking about the Amazon.  A scientist is talking about how the Amazon is the size of the continental Unites States (including Alaska) and only 1-2% of it has been extensively explored and cataloged.  The scientist stated, when asked if it was possible for there to be creatures out there that haven't been discovered yet, that it would be the height of irresponsibility on the part of science to assume that we, as humans, have seen and found all that there is to find.  I concur.  Wholeheartedly.

Dawn and I, so excited about getting EMF
In another episode, when searching in Vietnam, they spoke with a woman scientist that was there researching tigers.  She had been there for almost 20 years, living in the bush, working and learning.  In 20 years, she had only viewed tigers (the main reason she was there, remember!!) only 4 times in the wild.  4 times!!!!  A larger creature, the Asian Elephant, she had seen twice.

So, for all of you that say "if Bigfoot exists, we would be seeing it all the time (remember, there are 100s of sightings every year- you naysayers just ignore them as kooks), that you would be finding bodies (they don't find the bodies of bears in the woods, that have died of natural causes.  Most carcasses left are killed by humans and even then, would be picked clean by scavengers in a matter of hours, or days at most)- Eff you.  Totally.

I am a believer.  Nothing you can say will ever change my mind.  You can think I am stupid, or silly, or crazy.  I think the belief makes my life richer and deeper and full of more mystery and happiness and magic, than those of you that think you know everything.  I feel a little sorry for you.

Yep, I'm a jerk that way. :)

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for "non-believers, get out of the way!"

No comments:

Post a Comment