"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Summer Loving...AGAIN

So, for the past couple of summers, I have created a list of things that I want to do, accomplish, go, become....whatever!  Just stuff that I want to have happen in the few, short, intense months we Canadians call summer. 

Since I love lists so much, I am gonna do it again.  Here is my 2013 Summer List of Awesome.

1. Plant a garden
2. Go to a "pick your own" and get something. 
3. Make jam with the something that I got at the "pick your own"
4. Have bonfires all the time
5. Build my backyard beach
6. Use my backyard beach
7. Put up the pool
8. Use the pool- all the fricking time
9. Work on school work with Sebastian.  Test out what it is like to homeschool
10. Get the kids doing their own chores.
11.  Purge everything.  Purge, purge, purge.  At least the linen closet and the storage in the basement.
12. Go to an outdoor concert
13.  Have a girls night/day, complete with fruity drinks, awesome music and lots of laughs
14. Make a shit ton of signs to sell for Sebastian's tuition
15.  Go to a carnival
16.  Bake a pie
17. Go to the beach
18. Go camping
19. Go fishing
20. Take one whole day.  Just drive. 
21. Go on a date with Geoff
22. Take the kids for a hike.  Teach them stuff that I know.
23. BBQ for family
24. Garage Sale. Find a treasure or two
25. Get my taxes done
26. Organize my paperwork to prepare for next year's taxes.
27. Get my laptop hooked up to a printer.
28. Get a printer.  Oh, and ink.  And paper.  Yep.
29. Read an amazing book.
30. Go to the zoo.
31. Eat ice cream.
32. Go for a bike ride.
33. Get a sunburn and tan lines.
34.  Start exercising again. 
35.  Cut myself some slack.
36.  Take some time to just be by myself.
37. Take a nap in my hammock.
38. Go to the drive-in. 
39. Learn something new.
40. Reconnect with friends.
41. Blog.  A lot.
42. Start learning how to take pictures.  Learn from Geoff, from books, and online.
43. Take at least one good picture.
44. Make some suntea (stealing it from my mom equals making it myself)
45. Find a new restaurant to try.
46.  Have beers on a patio.
47. Build something amazing for Sawyer.  Something from Pinterest maybe?
48. Take the kids to the park.  A lot.  Like, all the time, if they want.
49.  Stop sweating the OT.  Leave it be.
50. Get a pedicure.

So, there it is.  I will try and update you, as I make shit happen.  Wish me luck! 

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for "new summer adventures".

No comments:

Post a Comment