"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Monday, April 30, 2012

More to be grateful for

As I continue to practice gratitude, in the hopes that it will drive more towards me, I wanted to take a minute to reflect on some of the good things to come my way this week:

- I found an old gift card for a restaurant yesterday, when I was cleaning out the kitchen.  I had no idea what was left on it, if anything.  Today, we ended up at this same restaurant for lunch with the kids and friends.  I gave the girl the card, asking her to just check and see if anything was left on it.  Sure enough, all I paid for lunch for the 4 of us was $1.07.  Score!

- I don't normally enjoy grocery shopping.  So today, I was grateful for a good grocery experience BEFORE I even went.  Sure enough, at Walmart, I got into a line with only one person in front of me (who was paying as I got in line, so NO wait), which is unheard of when I normally go.  Also, I had wanted to get everything on my list for less than $150.  My final total was $140.77.  :)

-Yesterday, our neighbours brought us a plate of home made cupcakes and icing, complete with sprinkles.  Just because.  The kids were thrilled!

-  I finally hit 40 lbs in my weight loss journey.  It seems like it took forever, but in reality, it's been just under 3 months.

 I know there was more, but it's slipping my mind now.  I need to be more diligent in writing stuff down, so that I can marvel and be amazed at how cool this stuff is!  :)

Thanks for listening (see the gratitude there! ;)

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for "next up? Awesomeness!"

No comments:

Post a Comment