"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Holy Crap, looks who's back!

Ladies and gentlemen, friends and neighbours!  Look who's back!


So, long story short, my laptop is a big hunk of junk and would give me error messages everytime I tried to put a new post on my page.  So, I really  haven't been able to post in months and months.

Yesterday, I installed a new thing-a-ma-jig (I am not tech saavy) and low and behold, I am able to post again!

So...let's see...what have I been up to?

- Working.  Working.  Working.  I am doing overtime like a motherf*cker.  Geoff is still working the store, but isn't bringing in money yet, so I am it, baby.  And Sebastian is still going to the private school (and doing AAAAMAZING!) so the overtime is a necessary evil.

- Crafts.  I did a bunch for Christmas as gifts and a bunch more to make money for Sebastian's tuition.  I sold a buttload of ruffle scarves over Christmas, so that helped quite a bit.  Thanks to everyone that bought and paid for a little bit of my son's education.  Smooches.  It is completely appreciated.
- Special Victims Unit.  I am currently addicted to SVU on Netflix.  I am in Season 7.  Some of it is so disturbing, I have actually had some nightmares. I find it is making me paranoid and scared for my kids' safety.  But I also think these are good stories and better than a lot of the stuff out there.  I just take it in small doses.

- Tea.  I am loving tea right now.  I get a large steeped tea from Tim Hortons pretty much every day.

- Insanity. I had slacked off on my exercise routine significantly last year, so beginning in January, I started doing the Insanity workouts.  I got sick about a week ago, so I stopped working out, but I am getting back into it.  It kicks my butt, but I always feel good when I do it. I want to complete the Tough Mudder in September, and do some running, and in order to do that, I have to lose more weight and get in shape.  So, I am working on that. 
- Cooking.  I am working from home alot now, so I have been working on making good, wholesome and delicious meals for me and the kids.  The latest success was the cauliflower pizza.  But shhhhhhh....the kids didn't know it was made of veggies.  I am trying to get Sebastian more strictly back on track with gluten and dairy free, so we are taking some strides in that direction.
- Organizing.  I have been cleaning and trying to organize the house.  Just after Christmas, I reorganized my living room, giving me more room and making it look so much nicer.  I have cleaned behind my fridge and stove, cleaned out the stove, cleaned the kitchen lights, washed all the curtains in the house and refreshed the mattresses.  Every weekend I try to do a little more.  Maybe some day I will actually be organized and living in a beautiful home. Maybe.

- Kitties.  Just before Christmas, we adopted 2 kittens as gifts for the kids.  One is named Wallace and one is named Kirby.  They are cute as hell.  They were itty bitty and so cute.  Now, they are almost 4 months old.  Their legs are getting longer and their round little kitty tummies are slimming down a bit.  They have claws and they are starting to learn not to use them all the time.  I really like soft paws.  Much better than piercing baby kitty claws.  My wounds are starting to heal, finally. They sleep with us, and are sweet and cuddly.  Axle loves them and is so mothering to them.  He worries if he can't see them but they also drive him crazy.  They are 2 welcome rays of sunshine.

That's all that's coming to mind right now.  I will try and get you up to speed over the next couple of weeks and start updating here regularily.  Welcome back everyone.  I missed you.

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for "new year, new posts".

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back, indeed! I've kinda missed your posts... Glad to see all the good that has been happening around your home while the computer didn't let you play with us.

    Personally, I've slacked a lot in my blogs, too, and I'm trying to fix that, one at a time.

    The kittehs are adorable! And I'd love the recipe for cauliflower pizza... :)
    ~Sunfire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sunfire- thanks for the warm welcome!! This time of year I find it hard to get the motivation to do anything! Once the sun comes back and things turn green again, my attitude seems to always improve. the Kittens are cute, but little pains too! They make me laugh everyday.
      The recipe for the cauliflower pizza is at this blog-
      http://www.recipegirl.com/2012/01/16/cauliflower-crust-hawaiian-pizza/
      Good luck, it was great!

      Delete