"Change, when it comes, cracks everything open."
Dorothy Allen

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My TV choices

So, for the past 6-8 weeks, I have been watching more TV than I have in the past 2 or 3 years.  Because I am doing overtime work on my laptop most nights and weekends, I tend to park it in my bedroom, lay on the bed and work, while the TV plays in the back ground. 
I really don't watch that much TV normally.  I will sit and watch a movie lots of nights before bed.  But with this very sedetary lifestyle I have been living the last little while, the TV seems to go hand in hand.

Even though I am rotting in front of the idiot box, I am trying to make good choices in what I am watching.  Some of my current obsessions are:

I <3 Cesar
The Dog Whisperer:  I heart Cesar Millan.  First, he is cute!  Maybe I am the only one that thinks that,  but he is.  I love his mentality, about being a pack leader and leading through calm, assertive energy.  When you listen to his message, it plays into many portions of your life.  It is about living in the moment, getting rid of useless baggage, being happy with what you have, and living your life.  Not a bad message, whether you are a person or a dog.

Pitbulls and Parollees: These people are crazy.  Tia, who runs it, is a little trailer trash, but her heart is in the right place.  She tends to be overly dramatic, and she reminds me alot of people I know.  It is interesting though, on how she manages the dogs and the convicts.  Her daughters are interesting, especially the one with the big neck tattoo.  I am judging!!  :)

Tia is a bad ass.
River Monsters:  This has a really cool premise.  This guy is an extreme angler, and he goes all over looking for weird and violent things living in rivers allover the world. One of the cool ones was after river sharks in Aftica, and after a monster in the lake in Alaska.  It plays to my love of things supernatural and weird.  And also fishing.

Hoarders: this show just makes me feel better about my own life.  I feel clean and wholesome and sane afer I watch this show.

Animal Hoarders: at least there is no human poop in a bag on this show.  Just animal crap everywhere.

River Monsters
The Haunted: it is ghost stories that impact and often revolve around animals.

Basically, I watch the Natural Geographic Channel, Discover, A&E (but I miss American Justice) and Animal Planet.  Geoff makes fun of me constantly, because of the shows that I watch.  I don't care though, they make happy, and I learn lots.  I do watch other shows- like Ice Pilots and Alaska State Troopers and Wild Justice- but just not as regularily as I watch the others. 

I think you guys probably see a trend.  I am living a life vicariously through these shows.  I can live in the rough, up North.  I can be surrounded by animals, and nature.  It's just weird that I watch these shows and crave this life, while I am working 12 -14 hour days, working for a global corporation.

If you had asked me when I was 9, I never would have imagined that I would end up where I am.  I would have talked about animals and trees.  Not numbers and computers.



Oh well.  Gotta go, Hooked Again: Monster Fish is starting at 10. :)  Can't miss that.

Rosie N. Grey
The N stands for "Nat. Geo".

2 comments:

  1. You and Greg have such similar taste in TV...it's so funny. Last night he asked what was on (I was listening to music) I told him nothing good - just stuff with swamp people... he totally reached for the remote and tuned right into discovery...{sigh}

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol..i tried, but I can't watch swamp people. I get sad when they kill all those aligators.

    ReplyDelete